The NWS Bay Area rarely uses language this strong. This next storm will hit on Wednesday with a lot of wind and a lot of rain. The ground is already saturated so there is a good chance that trees will fall. Be prepared. Be safe.
- Get supplies for if power is out. Food, batteries, candles.
- Clean gutters and prep your lawn.
- Get gas in your vehicle.
- Sign up for Nixle and AlertMarin alerts.
Once the rain starts:
- Do not drive into large standing water. It puts your life and vehicle at risk.
- Do not touch live wires or go near them.
- Drive safely, roads will be very slick, lots of branches and possibly trees coming down.
Emergency crews will be very busy dealing with all of the chaos, more emergencies slow them down. Make good choices.