The Marin County Fire #woodwardfire press conference was this morning. Video starts around 8:00. Some of the main points:https://www.facebook.com/watch...
- 2,259 acres and 5% contained.
- 20 engines, two water tenders, three helicopters, five hand crews, 26 overheard crew
- Fire is still moving N and NE which is the biggest concern
- In thick, dry Douglass firs, tough to fight
- Crews working on direct and indirect fire lines
- Hard to find the southern edge of the fire in the smoke
- Very concerned about wind and weather shift starting on Sunday with dry thunderstorms and lightning
- Still potential for fire to move long distances.
Evacuation warnings still in effect. Visitors should avoid the area. Local residents should be packed and ready to evacuate if necessary.
Multiple helicopters on scene working the #woodwardfire now. They've put in a request for air attack and firefighters are on the line working on direct and indirect lines.